No one is exempt from making mistakes during an interview. Although sometimes we focus more on what we should do, occasionally it comes in handy to analyze common mistakes. And so we know what NOT to do.
1. Lack of preparación.- Quedarte blank to a question like “what do you know about our company?” embarrassing and shows a total lack of preparation. Prepares a report on the company where you apply for work and estúdiatela thoroughly. Also check out this list of common questions to feel a little more prepared.
2. Mal vestido.- And I do not mean not to wear brand clothes or your tie is not the latest fashion. What is important in matters of dress: dress according to the position and the culture of the company. Check this article on how to dress for an interview. Appearing at a job interview lifeguard at the beach for summer with a very professional outfit -for accounting aparezca- you can quickly eliminate you from the list of candidates.
3. Not knowing comunicarte.- Written communication plays a key role during the job search. When the time comes the interview, oral communication and body will do the rest of work. Shake hands firmly, look at the interviewer’s eyes, or keep a positive attitude can balance the scales in your favor before even opening his mouth to answer the first question.
4. The cell. – Our friend inseparable. Off the phone before entering the interview. There are many cases of applicants who receive calls or messages during the interview. And even if you do not believe, many of them even answer being in the middle of the interview. Probably, as you guessed. A simple call while you interview and your chances of getting the job have been reduced to zero.
5. Talk demasiado.- One of the most important qualities in the field of communication: listening. And one of the least prepared. There are candidates who, either nerves or overconfidence, take 10 minutes to answer a simple question. I try to be concise in your answers. The interviewer does not need to know the full story of your life.
6. Do not talk enough. – At the other extreme are the symptom teenager does not feel like talking to their parents after school, and is limited to use monosyllables. Very few questions during an interview require a yes or no. Make your answer without much roll you. Search the average.
7. Information incompleta.- Many times before the interview, you’ll need to fill another form with information about your professional past. Make sure the dates of past employment, and other relevant data, correspond to what you wrote in your resume.
8. Give the answer equivocada.- If the position requires a certain skills and qualities, and you have indicated in your resume that you possess not contradict you during the interview. For example, in a job advertisement you specify that you need someone willing to work together. During the interview, you are indicating that you would love to work just to make sure the job is done right. Also you describe the horrible experiences you’ve had working on computer in your previous jobs. Result: The work will be for another candidate.
9. Criticizing your former jefes.- We’ve all had negative experiences in working with unbearable bosses and envious peers. But keep moderation when you refer to those people or situations. Maybe your old boss is a customer of this company, or showing that the interviewer is intimate that both hated friend. You never know. Limit yourself to be objective when criticizing. Try to focus on something positive, “although my old boss was a big seller, there were a connection between us.” Enough.
10. Do not stay in the olvido.- Few people use the powerful weapon “thank you.” Finish the interview, you go home and wait for the phone to ring. Why do not you sit down and write a thank you note? It can be an email or a handwritten note. The details, as long as you are sincere, you can increase your chances of success.
Photo @ Simon Stanmore